In the digital age, it’s crucial for consumer-facing businesses to develop and implement e-commerce capabilities to remain competitive. The adoption of digital technologies enables businesses to serve existing customers more effectively and to attract new customers in the digital marketplace.
The Grow Your Business Online grant will help up to 90,000 small businesses take advantage of e-commerce opportunities.
Eligible businesses will receive a micro-grant of up to $2,400 to help with the costs related to adopting digital technologies. Grants will be available through local and regional service providers across Canada. The service providers will also support a network of e-commerce advisors who will advise and help small businesses adopt e-commerce.
Step 1: Use the assessment tool to determine if your business is eligible and best suited for the Grow Your Business Online grant.
Step 2: Read the eligibility criteria carefully to make sure your business meets the required criteria to apply.
Step 3: Businesses will be directed to their local service providers in their home province or region for details on how to apply for the grant.
Step 4: Your service provider will ensure that your business meets the eligibility requirements.
Grow Your Business Online grants will help small businesses use digital tools to build their online presence, sell their products online and offer their customers a better service.
Select your local or regional service provider to start your application now.
Canada Digital Adoption Program
As part of the Canada Digital Adoption Program, the Government of Canada has partnered with Digital Main Street and their ShopHERE powered by Google program to deliver the Grow Your Business Online grant to small businesses across the country.
Eligible businesses will receive a micro-grant of up to $2,400 to help with the costs related to adopting e-commerce and supported by a network of e-commerce advisors.
We are currently putting in place the final touches on the program – in the meantime, start your application process by leaving us your name and contact information, and we will follow-up with you directly.
If you have any questions about the Grow Your Business Online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- Is a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and co-operatives)
- Is a registered or incorporated business
- Is a consumer-facing business
- Can be accessed by consumers or provides in-person services to consumers
- Has at least one employee
- Must commit to maintaining digital adoption strategy for six months after participation in the program
- Must consent to participating in follow-up surveys, sharing information with the Government of Canada (ISED and Statistics Canada), and having the name of the business published as a recipient of funding
The following types of small businesses are ineligible:
- Corporate chains, franchises or registered charities
- Representatives of multi-level marketing companies
- Real estate brokerages
Eligible costs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Costs related to the implementation of a digital e-commerce plan (e.g. online reservation/booking tools, online ordering systems, electronic payments)
- Costs related to website search optimization
- Costs related to the installation of an e-commerce platform (including subscription fees/costs)
- Costs of back-office solutions to support an e-commerce strategy
- Costs of social media advertising
- Costs related to the creation of customer databases
Ineligible costs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Costs of connectivity
- Costs related to the shipping of goods purchased through the e-commerce platform
E-commerce advisors will have the opportunity to work with local small businesses to assess their digital needs and help them develop their e-commerce strategies and deploy new digital technologies.
Advisors will receive training from their service provider covering several topics:
- Understanding the Grow Your Business Online grants
- Learning the capabilities of several e-commerce solutions and related tools
- Understanding the basics of cyber security
- Developing communication skills
- Determining an individual business’s needs and values